Are liquid collagen supplements better than powder? Ready-to-drink liquid collagen is digested and absorbed into the bloodstream quicker than collagen that comes in powder form because it is formulated to maximise the speed by which the body processes and uses it. Some people prefer taking collagen in either liquid or powder form over powder supplements, or vice versa. However, research demonstrates that liquid-form collagen is more efficient and has quicker results than a powder or pill collagen supplement. Why liquid supplements are better than powder There are several clear benefits from taking collagen in a liquid than in a powder or tablet form:
- It is considerably easier to swallow for people of all ages.
- It is more suitable for people with swallowing difficulties. It is often better for people with digestive problems.
- It is convenient and easy to take for people on the go.
- You can mix it with other things, such as breakfast cereal or yoghurt, or you can mix it into a drink.>
- It is largely tasteless. Powdered collagen can have a chalky taste and feel, even if you think you have mixed it well.
- Above all, it is processed more quickly by the body and so has faster results.